Billing and Insurance — We honor a wide range of insurance plans, most likely including yours.
At Pacific EyeCare, we recognize the importance of our patients knowing and understanding the issues that affect the total cost and out-of-pocket cost of care they receive. We have developed the following written policies to ensure that all of our patients understand the services our Business Office provides and the rights and responsibilities our patients have with regard to payment for services.
these plans offer more than one insurance product, often with specific limitations. It is the responsibility of the patient to know his or her insurance coverage. As a patient you are specifically responsible for:
• Verifying that Pacific EyeCare is a contracted provider for your specific insurance plan
• Obtaining a referral if necessary prior to seeing the doctor
• Determining that you are eligible at the time of service
• Knowing what services (benefits) are covered and what services are not covered by your insurance plan
• Knowing if authorization is required in advance of surgery
• Payment of all co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles.
If you have not already done so, please familiarize yourself with your insurance benefits and cost sharing agreement. If after contacting your insurance plan you still have questions, our Business Office will gladly work with you and a representative of your plan to resolve your questions. We will need you to
>> Learn more...